This is an accidental recipe. Mommy was busy making cream of corn soup for some friends for dinner. Sonny dear walks in and offers to help. Mommy gives him the whisk to stir the roux... and then it happened,my other twin picks the coriander chutney which was made as accompaniment for the pakora and drops it into the roux. I was stunned ... but was surprised to see the transformation .... It started smelling so good that i continued to make it with the greenness and was so delighted with the outcome. My friends of course polished it off and asked me for the recipe.
Made this soup few times after the accident and sort of tweaked it to what i have now...
Frozen sweet corn - 1 cup
olive oil - 2 tbsp
garlic minced - 1 tbsp
Soup bouillon -1
1 cup boiling water
Butter - 2 tbsp
Plain flour- 1 tbsp
milk - 1 cup
coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
curry leaves - few
green chillies -1
salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil and add the minced garlic and saute till light brown and add the corn and cook for few mins. Now mix the soup bouillon in hot water and stir till dissolved and add it to the corn. Let it cook till done and allow the liquid to reduce.
2. Let it cool and puree it.
3. Now grind the coriander, curry leaves and green chili in a fine paste. Add salt to taste.
4. Heat the pan and add the butter and when melted add the plain flour and let it turn light brown. Now add 2 to 3 tbsp of the coriander paste and stir well.
5. Add milk to the roux and let thicken a bit.
6. Now add the pureed corn .
7. Mix well and return it to the stove. Heat and thin it with more milk and hot water.
Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Salted Butter - 2 tbsp
Garlic - sliced thinly a few for garnishing
coriander leaves for garnishing
Bread - 1 slice
1. Mix the butter and garlic paste. spread the bread with garlic butter and cut them into small squares. Place a coriander leaf and top it with garlic slice on each square and toast it in the oven till brown.
Serve the soup with the croutons.